Friday, April 4, 2014

I love Carbs!

In preparation for me to have something quick to eat in the morning during term 4, I made carbs! (that doesn't mean I wasn't taste-testing now, though).


  1. half-wheat, soya milk pancakes
  2. half-corn tortillas to be made into chips tonight
  3. granola from the remaining muesli after making...
  4. Tropical Peanut-butter Muesli Breakfast Cookies
Enjoy this Tropical Peanut-butter Muesli Breakfast Cookie Recipe:
(modified from Oatmeal Cookies in Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book 1968)

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raw sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup soya milk
............................
1 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg (if you like the stuff-which I don't)
.............................
3 cups tropical muesli
1 and 1/2 cup add-ins (raisins, slivered almonds, choc. chips, shredded coconut, dried fruit i go, i go (Tok Pisin for etc. etc.) 

Cream shortening, peanut butter, sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Stir in milk. Sift together dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture. Stir in muesli and add-ins. Drop from tablespoon 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.

Bake in hot oven (200 C/ 400 F) about 8 minutes. Cool slightly remove from pan. Makes about 5-6 dozen cookies.

Hints:
I found that I greased the pan more than I normally do and baked it longer too, otherwise they just fall apart.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment